All service users are encouraged to maintain as much independence and individuality as possible in the following ways:
We help with:
- Providing as tactfully as possible, human or technical assistance when it is needed.
- Maximising the abilities our individuals retain for self-care, for independent interaction with others, and for carrying out the tasks of daily living unaided.
- Helping individuals achieve autonomy and independence of personal decision making, including the assumption of reasonable and fully thought out risks.
- Promoting opportunities for individuals to establish and retain contacts beyond their home.
- Encouraging individuals to have access to and contribute to the records of their own care. All individuals receive a copy of their care plan.
A personal care plan will be agreed with the individual/ commissioner of care and family or advocates as appropriate. For example, personal care could include support with bathing, dressing and continence care.
We aim to help service users, exercise the opportunity to select, drom a range of options in all aspects of their lives, in the following ways:
We help with:
By encouraging individuals to exercise choice in their selection of organisations and individuals who support them.
To manage our service so far as possible to individuals preferenes as regards to the staff that support them.
Avoiding treating individuals as a homogenous group.